Place:


Beedon  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beedon like this:

BEEDON, or Budon, a parish in Wantage district, Berks; 2 ¼. miles S of East Ilsley, and 6½ N by E of Newbury r. station. It includes the tything of Stanmore; and has a post office of the name of Beedon-Hill, under Newbury. Acres, 2,004. Real property, £2,251. Pop., 317. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £126. Patron, Sir J. Reade, Bart. The church is good.

Beedon through time

Beedon is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beedon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beedon in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3589

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beedon ".