Place:


Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-BRYN-PABUAN, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; on the rivers Wye and Wherwi, and on the Llanidloes and Builth railway, 5½ miles NW of Builth. It contains the hamlets of Llanfihangel and Rhosferig; and its Post town is Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 4,715. Real property, £917. Pop., 341. Houses, 68. Parc-ar-Irvon is an old seat of the Lloyds. A mincral spring, with a small pump-room, is near that place. Good trout-fishing is got in the rivers. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanafan-fawr., in the diocese of St. David's.

Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan through time

Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3564

Date accessed: 23rd April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan ".