Place:


Barnton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnton like this:

BARNTON, a township and a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire. The township lies near the Northwestern railway, 2 miles NW of Northwich; and has a post office under that town. Acres, 751. Real property, £3,052. Pop., 1,219. Houses, 264. The chapelry is more extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1843. Pop., 1,431. Houses, 310. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, 120.* Patron, the Bishop. The church is good; and there are three Methodist chapels.

Barnton through time

Barnton is now part of Vale Royal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale Royal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barnton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnton, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3559

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barnton ".