Place:


Bollington  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bollington like this:

BOLLINGTON, a township in Bowden and Rostherne parishes,-Cheshire; on the Bridgewater canal, near the river Bollin, 3 miles SW of Altrincham. It has a post office under Manchester. Acres, 631. Real property, £1,827. Pop., 277. Houses, 52. It forms a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Rostherne. The church was built in 1854; and a national school, in 1857.

Bollington through time

Bollington is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bollington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bollington, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3545

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bollington ".