Place:


Hunton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hunton like this:

HUNTON, a chapelry in Crawley parish, Hants; 2½ miles W of Mitcheldever r. station, and 5½ S of Whitchurch. Post town, Mitcheldever Station. Acres, 1, 033. Real property, £835. Pop., 105. Houses, 24. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Crawley, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is good.

Hunton through time

Hunton is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hunton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hunton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3524

Date accessed: 20th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hunton ".