Place:


Johnston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Johnston like this:

JOHNSTON, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the South Wales railway, 4¾ miles S by W of Haverfordwest. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1, 293. Real property, £1, 026; of which £100 are in mines, and £60 in quarries. ...


Pop., 275. Houses, 66. Johnston Hall was formerly the seat of Lord Kensington, and is now the property of the Rev. James Morgan. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Steynton, in the diocese of St. Davids-Value, £322. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient.

Johnston through time

Johnston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Johnston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Johnston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3516

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Johnston ".