Place:


Vowchurch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Vowchurch like this:

VOWCHURCH, a parish, with two townships, in the district and county of Hereford; 6¼ miles NW of St. Devereux r. station, and 10 W by S of Hereford. Post town, Peterchurch, under Hereford. Acres, 2,690. Real property, £3,380. Pop, 333. Houses, 71. The manor belongs to W. S. Wood, Esq. There is an ancient camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £232. Patron, the Prebendary of Putson -Major. The church is old. Charities, £17.

Vowchurch through time

Vowchurch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Vowchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Vowchurch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3507

Date accessed: 22nd April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Vowchurch ".