Place:


Thelveton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thelveton like this:

THELVETON, or Thelton, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; 2 miles NE of Diss r. station. Post town, Scole. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1,709. Pop., 160. Houses, 31. T. Hall is the seat of T. Havers, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £249.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was recently repaired. A Roman Catholic chapel is at T. Hall.

Thelveton through time

Thelveton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thelveton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thelveton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3500

Date accessed: 05th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thelveton ".