Place:


St Winnow  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Winnow like this:

WINNOW (St.), a parish, with Bridgend village in Bodmin district, Cornwall; on the river Fowey, 2¼ miles SSE of Lostwithiel r. station. Post town, Lostwithiel. Acres, 6,137. Real property, £6,651. Pop., 1,115. Houses, 237. The property is subdivided. Ethy and Lanwithan are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of E. The church occupies a very beautiful position, and is good. There are a chapel of ease, a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £20.

St Winnow through time

St Winnow is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Winnow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Winnow, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3463

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Winnow ".