Place:


St Devereux  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Devereux like this:

DEVEREUX (St.), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Hereford and Abergavenny railway, 7½ miles SW by S of Hereford. It has a station on the railway; and contains the hamlet of Didley. Post town, Wormbridge, under Hereford. Acres, 1, 095. Real property, £1, 394. Pop., 242. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £186.* Patron, the Rev. Archer Clive. The church is very old but tolerable.

St Devereux through time

St Devereux is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Devereux itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Devereux in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3433

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Devereux ".