Place:


Ballidon  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ballidon like this:

BALLIDON, a chapelry in Bradbourne parish, Derby; near the North Stafford railway, 6 miles W by N of Wirksworth. Post Town, Brassington under Wirksworth. Real property, £2,488. Pop., 110. Houses, 15 The property is divided among a few. The living is p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bradbourne, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is good.

Ballidon through time

Ballidon is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ballidon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ballidon in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3412

Date accessed: 30th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ballidon ".