Place:


Stanton by Dale  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton By Dale like this:

STANTON-BY-DALE, a parish in Shardlow district, Derby; 1½ mile W of Stanton-Gate r. station, and 7½ W by S of Nottingham. It has a post-office under Nottingham. Acres, 1,412. Real property, £2,013. Pop. in 1851, 689; in 1861, 499. Houses, 115. The decrease of pop. was caused by depression in the iron manufacture. ...


The manor belongs to the Earl of Stanhope. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £326.* Patron, Earl Stanhope. The church consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel of 1860, a national school, and charities £106.

Stanton by Dale through time

Stanton By Dale is now part of Erewash district. Click here for graphs and data of how Erewash has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton By Dale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton by Dale, in Erewash and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3393

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton By Dale ".