Place:


Denver  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denver like this:

DENVER, a parish in Downham district, Norfolk; on the Lynn and Ely railway, 1½ mile S of Market-Downham. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Downham. Acres, 3, 149. Real property, £7, 255. Pop., 932. Houses, 195. The property is much subdivided. Ryston Hall is the seat of E. ...


Pratt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £898.* Patron, Cains College, Cambridge. The church is ancient, with tower and spire, and is tolerably good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £63. Dr. Brady, master of Cains College, was a native.

Denver through time

Denver is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Denver itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denver in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3369

Date accessed: 07th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Denver ".