Place:


Coedcynlas  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coedcynlas like this:

COEDCANLASS, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; on the Cleddau estuary, 3 miles NE of New Milford r. station, and 7 SW of Narberth. Post town, Lawrenny, under Pembroke. Acres, 1, 150; of which 260 are water. Real property, £606. Pop., 155. Houses, 31. Mining operations were carried on, but have ceased. A ruin here was the seat of the Percevals. The living is a donative in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £20. Patron, Sir John Owen, Bart.

Coedcynlas through time

Coedcynlas is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coedcynlas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coedcynlas in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3365

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coedcynlas ".