Place:


Littleton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleton like this:

LITTLETON, a parish in Winchester district, Hants; 3 ¼ miles NW by N of Winchester. Post town, Winchester. Acres, 1,293. Real property, £1,378. Pop., 109. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. Many race-horses are trained here; and the stables for them are extensive. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £76. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church is Norman and good.

Littleton through time

Littleton is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3343

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Littleton".