Place:


Besthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Besthorpe like this:

BESTHORPE, a parish in Wayland district, Norfolk; on the Roman road and the Norfolk railway, 1 mile E of Attleborough. Post Town, Attleborough. Acres, 2,164. Real property, £3,966. Pop., 554. Houses, 114. The property is divided among a few. The living is a Vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £250. Patron, the Earl of Winterton. The church is good.

Besthorpe through time

Besthorpe is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Besthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Besthorpe, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3340

Date accessed: 25th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Besthorpe ".