Place:


West Winch  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Winch like this:

WINCH (West), a parish, with a village, in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 3 miles S of Lynn r. station. Post town, Lynn. Acres, 1,170. Real property, £3,081. Pop., 470. Houses, 106. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was thoroughly repaired in 1849. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.

West Winch through time

West Winch is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Winch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Winch in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3336

Date accessed: 24th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Winch ".