Place:


Stanhoe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanhoe like this:

STANHOE, a parish, with a village, in Docking district, Norfolk; on the West Norfolk Junction railway, 4 miles SSW of Burnham-Westgate. It has a post-office under Lynn, and a r. station. Acres, 1,489. Real property, £2,792. Pop., 468. Houses, 107. S. manor belongs to Admiral H. Seymour; and Marshes manor, with S. ...


Hall, to J. Calthrop, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Barwick, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £531.* Patron, Admiral H. Seymour. The church was recently restored and beautified. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a slightly endowed school.

Stanhoe through time

Stanhoe is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanhoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanhoe in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3295

Date accessed: 27th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanhoe ".