Place:


Tilney St Lawrence  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilney St Lawrence like this:

TILNEY-ST. LAWRENCE, a parish, with a village, in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; 3½ miles S of Terrington r. station, and 6 SW of Lynn. Post town, Lynn. Acres, 3,366. Real property, £7,995. Pop., 855. Houses, 112. The property is much sub-divided. The manor belongs to the Queen. The living is a vicarage, annexed to T.-All-Saints. The church was restored in 1846. There are three Primitive Methodist chapels, and charities £22.

Tilney St Lawrence through time

Tilney St Lawrence is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tilney St Lawrence itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilney St Lawrence in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3290

Date accessed: 26th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tilney St Lawrence ".