Place:


Gunwalloe  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gunwalloe like this:

GUNWALLOE, a parish in Helston district, Cornwall; on the coast, 5 miles S of Helston, and 12½ SSW of Penryn r. station. Post town, Cury, under Helston, Cornwall. Acres, 1, 429. Real property, £1, 493. Pop., 244. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. Fishing is carried on. The living is a vicarage annexed to the p. curacy of Cury, under the vicarage of Breage and Germoe, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is ancient but good; has a detached belfry; and was, at one time, much silted up with shore sands.

Gunwalloe through time

Gunwalloe is now part of Kerrier district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kerrier has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gunwalloe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gunwalloe, in Kerrier and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3289

Date accessed: 01st April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gunwalloe ".