Place:


Freethorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Freethorpe like this:

FREETHORPE, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; near the river Yare, 2 miles N of Reedham r. station, and 4 S by E of Acle. Post town, Reedham, under Norwich. Acres, 869. Real property, £2, 177. Pop., 425. Houses, 94. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Reeding, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is ancient, and was recently restored. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel. .

Freethorpe through time

Freethorpe is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Freethorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Freethorpe, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3267

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Freethorpe".