Place:


Little Dewchurch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Dewchurch like this:

DEWCHURCH (Little), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; under Aconbury-Hill, near the river Wye, 3 miles SW of Holm-Lacy r. station, and 5½ S by E of Hereford. Post town, Holm-Lacy, under Hereford. Acres, 1, 652. Real property, £2, 489. Pop., 322. Houses, 69. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £87.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is tolerable.

Little Dewchurch through time

Little Dewchurch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Dewchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Dewchurch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3214

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Dewchurch ".