Place:


Puddington  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Puddington like this:

PUDDINGTON, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; near the river Credy, 7 miles N of Crediton r. station. Post-town, Crediton. Acres, 1, 361. Real property, £1, 210. Pop., 210. Houses, . 46. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged once to the Satchvilles; passed to the Walronds; and belongs now to P. Blagdon, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £136.* Patron, W. R. Gamlen, Esq. The church, excepting the tower and the porch, was re-built in 1838. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.

Puddington through time

Puddington is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Puddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Puddington in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3211

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Puddington ".