Place:


Elton  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elton like this:

ELTON, a township-chapelry in Youlgreave parish, Derby; under Mouldridge hill, 1 mile NW of Winster, and 5 SW of Rowsley r. station. Post - town, -Winster, under Matlock. Real property, £2, 480. Pop., 491. Houses, 124. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the -dio. of Lichfield. Value, £120.* Patrons, the Inhabitants. The church was rebuilt in 1808. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Elton through time

Elton is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elton in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3206

Date accessed: 30th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elton ".