Place:


Saunderton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saunderton like this:

SAUNDERTON, a parish in Wycombe district, Bucks; on the Wycombe and Oxford railway, adjacent to Princes-Risborough r. station. Post-town, Princes-Risborough, under Tring. Acres, 1, 590. Real property, £2, 378. Pop. in 1851, 428; of whom 186 were in Wycombe work-house. Houses, 47. The manor belongs to Lord Dormer. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £400.* Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is good.

Saunderton through time

Saunderton is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Saunderton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saunderton, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3177

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Saunderton ".