Place:


Willaston  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willaston like this:

WILLASTON, a township and a chapelry in Neston parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1½ mile WSW of Hooton r. station, and 2¾ E of Great Neston; and has a post-office under Chester. Acres, 1,941. Real property, £2,618. Pop., 340. Houses, 61. Lydiate House is the seat of D. Graham, Esq. ...


The chapelry includes Raby and Thornton-Hough townships, and was constituted in 1854. Pop., 903. Houses, 161. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £183. Patron, D. Graham, Esq. The church was built in 1854. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and a national school.

Willaston through time

Willaston is now part of Ellesmere Port and Neston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ellesmere Port and Neston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willaston, in Ellesmere Port and Neston and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3170

Date accessed: 06th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willaston ".