Place:


Kings Caple  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Caple like this:

KINGS-CAPLE, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 1¼ mile W by S of Fawley r. station, and 4¾ NW by N of Ross. Post town, Ross. Acres, 1, 697. Real property, £4, 233. Pop., 320. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Sellack, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is a stone structure, with tower and spire. There are a national school, and charities £15.

Kings Caple through time

Kings Caple is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kings Caple itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Caple in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3139

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kings Caple ".