Place:


Preston Wynne  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Preston Wynne like this:

PRESTON-WYNNE, a chapelry in Withington parish, Hereford; 3 miles E by N of Moreton r. station, and 5½ N E of Hereford. Post-town, Hereford. Acres, 990. Real property, £1, 650. Pop., 182. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is good.

Preston Wynne through time

Preston Wynne is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Preston Wynne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Preston Wynne in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3130

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Preston Wynne ".