Place:


Lamorran  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lamorran like this:

LAMORRAN, a parish in Truro district, Cornwall; on a creek of its own name, in the upper part of the Falmouth estuary, 4½ miles SE of Truro r. station. Post-town, Tregony, under Grampound, Cornwall. Acres, 1,234. Real property, £1,041. Pop., 92. Houses, 14. The manor belonged to the Haleps; and passed through the Molesworths and others, to the Boscawens. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £193.* Patron, Viscount Falmouth. The church is ancient: has an ivied tower, still more ancient: was restored in 1854; and has a painted window of 1858. An ancient granite cross is near it. Charities £5.

Lamorran through time

Lamorran is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lamorran itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lamorran, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3106

Date accessed: 15th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lamorran ".