Place:


Hentland  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hentland like this:

HENTLAND, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 3½ miles WSW of Fawley r. station, and 4 NW of Ross. It contains the village of Hoarwithy, and the hamlets of Altbach, Kynastone, Treaddow, and Tressick. Post town, Ross. Acres, 2, 905. Real property, £5, 500. Pop., 647. ...


Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. Kynastone House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, united with the chapelry of Hoarwithy, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £310.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is late decorated English, with an embattled tower; and is in a decent state of repair. There are a chapel of ease at Hoarwithy, and a Wesleyan chapel.

Hentland through time

Hentland is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hentland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hentland in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3085

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hentland ".