Place:


Betws Diserth  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Betws Diserth like this:

BETTWS-DISSERTH, a parochial chapelry in the district of Builth and county of Radnor; on the river Edwy, 7 miles SW of New Radnor, and 12 W of Kington r. station. Post Town, New Radnor. Acres, 1,885. Real property, £810. Pop., 130. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Disserth, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is excellent.

Betws Diserth through time

Betws Diserth is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Betws Diserth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Betws Diserth, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3061

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Betws Diserth ".