Place:


Tibshelf  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tibshelf like this:

TIBSHELF, a parish, with a village, in the district of Mansfield and county of Derby; 1½ mile E of Doe-Hill r. station, and 4 NE of Alfreton. It has a post-office under Alfreton. Acres, 2,280. Real property, £3,929; of which £930 are in mines. Pop., 863. Houses, 170. The manor belongs to St. Thomas' Hospital, London. Stocking manufacture is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £172.* Patron, Mrs. Packman. The church is early English, with a pinnacled tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Tibshelf through time

Tibshelf is now part of Bolsover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bolsover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tibshelf itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tibshelf, in Bolsover and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3035

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tibshelf ".