Place:


East Winch  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Winch like this:

WINCH (East), a parish, with a village, in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; on the East Anglian railway, 5 miles SE by E of Lynn. It has a post-office under Lynn, and a r. station. Acres, 2,530. Real property, £3,851. Pop., 434. Houses, 89. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £183.* Patron, the Rev. G. Kent. The church is later English. There are a national school, and charities £20.

East Winch through time

East Winch is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Winch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Winch in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3028

Date accessed: 06th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Winch ".