Place:


Burgh St Peter  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burgh St Peter like this:

BURGH-ST. PETER, or Wheatacre-Burgh, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; on the river Waveney and on the Lowestoft railway, near Mutford station, 6 miles ENE of Beccles. Post Town, Mutford-Bridge, under Lowestoft. Acres, 2,041. Real property, £3,486. Pop., 298. Houses, 73. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £330.* Patron, the Rev. W. Boycatt. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Burgh St Peter through time

Burgh St Peter is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burgh St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burgh St Peter in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3025

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burgh St Peter ".