Place:


Almeley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Almeley like this:

ALMELEY, or Almerley, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; on Kington railway, 4½ miles SE of Kington. It includes the township of Hopley's Green and Logarston. Post Town, Weobley. Acres, 3,352. Real property, £3,922. Pop., 637. Houses, 140. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £254.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is ancient, had once a chantry, and was recently restored.

Almeley through time

Almeley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Almeley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Almeley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2965

Date accessed: 21st January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Almeley ".