Place:


Ruscombe  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ruscombe like this:

RUSCOMBE, a parish in Wokingham district, Berks; on the Great Western railway, 1 mile E N E of Twyford r. station. Post-town, Twyford, Berkshire. Acres, 1, 249. Real property, £2, 229. Pop., 264. Houses, 55. Much of the property belongs to T.Garth, Esq. A quaint old house, destroyed about 1840, was the death-place of W. Penn. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was restored in 1860.

Ruscombe through time

Ruscombe is now part of Wokingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wokingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ruscombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ruscombe, in Wokingham and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2953

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ruscombe ".