Place:


Fritton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fritton like this:

FRITTON, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; 3½ miles E by S of Forncett r. station, and 6½ N of Harleston. Post town, Long Stratton. Acres, 889. Real property, £1, 974. Pop., 235. Houses, 52. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £257. Patron, Edward Howes, Esq. The church is good; and there are a national school and townlands £34.

Fritton through time

Fritton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fritton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fritton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2922

Date accessed: 05th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fritton ".