Place:


St Pauls Walden  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Pauls Walden like this:

WALDEN-ST. PAULS, a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; 3 miles SW of Stevenage r. station. It includes. Whitewell hamlet, and has a post-office under Welwyn. Acres, 3,678. Real property, £5,785. Pop., 1,123. Houses, 212. The manor was given, by Offa, to St-Albans abbey; and by Henry VIII. ...


to St. Pauls, London. Waldenbury, East Hall, and Stagenhoe Park are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £150.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St. Pauls. The church is ancient. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £33.

St Pauls Walden through time

St Pauls Walden is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Pauls Walden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Pauls Walden in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2828

Date accessed: 09th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Pauls Walden ".