Place:


Blo Norton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blo Norton like this:

BLO-NORTON, or Norton-Belleau, a parish in Guiltcross district, Norfolk; at the verge of the county, on the river Waveney, 5½ miles S by E of Harling Road r. station, and 9½ ESE of Thetford. Post Town, Garboldisham, under Thetford. Acres, 1,132. Real property, £2,395. Pop., 370. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £336. Patron, the Rev.H. Browne. The church is very good. There are Independent and P. Methodist chapels, and charities £97.

Blo Norton through time

Blo Norton is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blo Norton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blo Norton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2802

Date accessed: 31st July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blo Norton ".