Place:


Blakemere  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blakemere like this:

BLAKEMERE, or Blackmoor, a parish in Weobley district, Herefordshire; adjacent to the river Wye, and to the Hereford and Brecon railway, 2½ miles SW of Moorhampton station, and 10 W by N of Hereford. Post Town, Peterchurch, under Hereford. Acres, 1,127. Real property, £1,450. Pop., 175. Houses, 36. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Preston-on-Wye, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.

Blakemere through time

Blakemere is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blakemere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blakemere in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2786

Date accessed: 15th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blakemere ".