Place:


Twitchen  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Twitchen like this:

TWITCHEN, a parish in South Molton district, Devon; 12 miles NE of South Molton Road r. station. Post town, South Molton, North Devon. Acres, 2,918. Real property, £1,889. Pop., 227. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to Lord Poltimore. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to North Molton. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1848. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Twitchen through time

Twitchen is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Twitchen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Twitchen in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2768

Date accessed: 19th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Twitchen ".