Place:


Pencoyd  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pencoyd like this:

PENCOYD, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; 5½ miles W N W of Ross r. station. Post-town, Ross. Acres, 879. Real property, £2, 112. Pop., 249. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir H. Hoskins, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Marstow, in the diocese of Hereford. The church was recently in bad condition.

Pencoyd through time

Pencoyd is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pencoyd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pencoyd in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2757

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pencoyd ".