Place:


Upper Sapey  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upper Sapey like this:

SAPEY (Upper), a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 5 miles S E of Newnham r. station, and 6¼ N by E of Bromyard. Post-town, Sapey-Bridge, under Worcester. Acres, 2, 190. Real property, £2, 453. Pop., 357. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. There are traces of a Roman camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £258.* Patron, Sir T. E. Winnington, Bart. The church was restored in 1860. There are an endowed school with £11 a year, and charities £15.

Upper Sapey through time

Upper Sapey is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upper Sapey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upper Sapey in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2731

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upper Sapey ".