Place:


Cubley  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cubley like this:

CUBLEY, a parish in the district of Uttoxeter and county of Derby; on an affluent of the river Dove, 4 miles NNE of Marchington r. station, and 6 S of Ashborne. It has a post office under Derby, and a fair on 30 Nov. Acres, 2, 254. Real property, £3, 407. Pop., 383. Houses, 76. The property is divided among a few. Cubley-Gorse is a meet for the Hoar-Cross hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; and, till 1865, was united with Marston-Montgomery. Value, £380.* Patron, John Davys, Esq. The church is Norman and good, and has a lofty tower.

Cubley through time

Cubley is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cubley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cubley in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2694

Date accessed: 30th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cubley ".