Place:


Chilcote  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilcote like this:

CHILCOTE, a township-chapelry in Clifton-Campville parish, Derby; on the river Mease, at the verge of the county, 4½ miles S by W of Moira r. station, and 6½ SW of Ashby de la Zouch. Post town, Clifton-Campville, under Tamworth. Acres, , 325. Real property, £2, 170. Pop., 129. Houses, 27. Chilcote House is the seat of the Robertsons. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Clifton-Campville, in the diocese of Lichfield.

Chilcote through time

Chilcote is now part of North West Leicestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North West Leicestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chilcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilcote, in North West Leicestershire and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2693

Date accessed: 11th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chilcote ".