Place:


Ashe  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashe like this:

ASHE, or Ash, a parish in Whitchurch district, Hants; near the Southwestern railway, in the vicinity of Overton station, 5 miles ENE of Whitchurch. Post Town, Overton under Micheldever station. Acres, 2,107. Real property, £1,759. Pop., 145. Houses, 25. Part of the surface is warren. Ashe Park and Oakley Hall are chief residences. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £410.* Patron, W. H. Beach, Esq.

Ashe through time

Ashe is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashe, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2673

Date accessed: 19th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashe".