Place:


East Dean  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Dean like this:

DEAN (East), a parish in Romsey district, Hants; on the Southampton and Salisbury canal, adjacent to the Salisbury railway and to the boundary with Wilts, 1 mile ESE of Dean r. station, and 6¼ NW of Romsey. Post town, Mottisfont, under Romsey. Acres, 1, 060. Real property, £1, 198. Pop., 223. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Mottisfont, in the diocese of Winchester. The church was reported in 1859 as bad.

East Dean through time

East Dean is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Dean itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Dean, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2659

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Dean".