Place:


Pennington Green  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pennington Green like this:

PENNINGTON-GREEN, a village in Aspull township, Wigan parish, Lancashire; 3 miles N E of Wigan. It has a Church of England chapel, built in 1849, and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Aspull

Pennington Green through time

Pennington Green is now part of Wigan district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wigan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pennington Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pennington Green, in Wigan and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26553

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pennington Green ".