Place:


High Newton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High Newton like this:

NEWTON-IN-CARTMEL, a village in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; 1½ mile W of the river Winster at the boundary with Westmoreland, and 3 N N E of Cartmel. It has a head post-office.‡

Additional information about this locality is available for Cartmel

High Newton through time

High Newton is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about High Newton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High Newton, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26550

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " High Newton ".