Place:


Mere Brow  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mere Brow like this:

MERE-BROW, a village in Tarleton parish, Lancashire; 10½ miles SW of Preston. It has a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school; and the latter is used as a chapel of ease.

Additional information about this locality is available for Tarleton

Mere Brow through time

Mere Brow is now part of West Lancashire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lancashire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mere Brow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mere Brow in West Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26547

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mere Brow ".